- The Region
- Vision, Mission & Values
- Standards of Conduct, Ethics & Values
- Telehealth Locations
- Interactive Map
- Kaizen Promotion Office
- Strategic Planning
- Annual Reports
- Publications & Reports
- Sun Country Regional Health Authority
- Executive Team
- Organization Charts
- Tobacco Free Health Region
- Patient Safety and Quality Improvement
- Freedom of Information and Privacy
Always Read the Labels
Never assume a food is free of nuts or peanuts as an ingredient. Do not buy foods without a complete ingredient list. Read ingredient labels every time you shop as companies change their products often!
Tel: (306) 842-8399
For General Inquiries:
Freedom of Information & Privacy
Why do you need information about me?
Receiving health care services involves providing information about yourself. At Sun Country Regional Health Authority, we are committed to keeping your information confidential. However your right of privacy must be a balance against our ability to provide quality services to you. For example, we will use and disclose your information to provide you with health services requested or required by you. We obtain information about you to:
- identify you.
- understand your health care needs to provide you with the requested or required service.
- provide information regarding your health status if you are unable to communicate that information yourself.
- comply with legal requirements.
- evaluate and monitor services provided, and to plan for the future.
- further research where you have consented to participate in such research, where your information has been de-identified or where such research is required or authorized by law.
How do you protect my privacy?
- Information concerning your health care is kept in strict confidence. Only authorized personnel are permitted to see your information.
- We will ask for your permission before disclosing information to anyone other than those who require it in order to provide care for you.
- We do not allow others such as lawyers, insurance companies, etc. to access your medical information unless we have your authorization to do so, or we are required or authorized by law to provide such access. You will be asked for your consent if these or other groups request information.
- You should however, be aware that there are certain situations where the law may require or authorize us to release information without your authorization. An example is the reporting of abuse of a child or certain communicable diseases.
Is my information safe?
We do not sell your information to third parties. We also have policies and procedures and computer systems that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized use, error, and loss.
How long is my information kept?
We keep your information for the length of time that is determined by law.
How do I get more information?
Our Toll Free Number: 1-800-696-1622
Brochure: Privacy - Our commitment to You
How do I access my health information?
You or anyone to whom you give permission including your legal representative, have the right to read or request a copy of your health record or written information. Your health record is the physical property of the individual health care facility or region.
In order to access your information, we prefer that you put your request in writing. There may be a reasonable charge for such a request. You will be informed of any applicable charges beforehand. We will respond to your request within 30 days. If we need to extend the time or we have to refuse your request, we will discuss this with you. Click here to print the Request to Access Personal Health Information Form.
We will provide an explanation of any term, code or abbreviation used in your record. However, if you require further explanation we will refer you to someone who can help.
If you are not satisfied with the response from the Sun Country Health Region's Regional Manager, Quality Improvment & Patient Safety, you can contact the Office of the Information and privacy Commissioner at 1-877-748-2298 or www.oipc.sk.ca.