Play Every Day
Kids learn most about being active from their families. As a parent, keep a positive attitude about physical activity. Daily family active play is important in keeping children healthy.
Tel: (306) 842-8399
For General Inquiries:
ProgramsReturn to directory
Ambulance - Emergency
Ambulance Service is provided in the following centres: Estevan, Carnduff, Stoughton, Oxbow, Weyburn, Lampman, Pangman, Bengough, Coronach, Fillmore, Carlyle, Redvers, Maryfield, Wawota, Kipling and Radville.
The service is available on a 24-hour basis, across Sun Country Health Region and includes Primary Care paramedics, Intermediate Care Paramedics, and Advanced Care Paramedics, Air Ambulance. (Doctors can request this provincial service to transport critically ill patients to a larger centre.)
The basic pickup fee, every time the ambulance goes out, is $245. All patients are charged this minimum amount. The mileage fee is $2.30 per kilometre for all out-of-town calls.
If the ambulance must wait (for example, during a trip to a specialist in Regina), the first half-hour is free. A waiting fee of $100 is charged for every hour after.
First Responders Program
- Community residents are trained to stabilize patient until the Ambulance arrives.
Basic Trauma Life Support Course
- Trauma is the leading cause of death for children and adults under the age of 40, you will learn how to take an organized approach to definitive care at the trauma scene and en-route to a trauma facility.
- You will develop the skills you need to recognize mechanisms of injury, assess, perform critical interventions, package, and transport the trauma patient. The primary purpose of the workshop is to provide you with the fundamental knowledge and experience necessary to get the trauma patient to the emergency department in the best possible condition.
- You will focus on identifying conditions that require immediate transport (load and go conditions) in order to save the patient
Teaches basic life saving skills.
Sun Country Health Region has five facilities providing 24-hour emergency care/ seven days a week in:
1. St. Joseph's Hospital in Estevan 637-2400;
2. Weyburn General Hospital 842-8400;
3. Galloway Health Centre in Oxbow 483-2956;
4. Kipling Memorial Health Centre 736-2553;
5. Radville Marian Health Centre 869-2224.
The Regional Director of Emergency Medical Services is Charles Eddy. He can be reached at 842-0223.
|First Responders Program