Talk to one another
Turn off the screens. Use mealtime to spend time together and talk with each other.
Tel: (306) 842-8399
For General Inquiries:
ProgramsReturn to directory
Nurse Practitioner (NP)
Who are they?
A Nurse Practitioner is a registered nurse with extra education and experience. They work within an interprofessional collaborative team.
What can they do?
- Provide quality care to patients.
- Work together with other health care providers.
- Refer to specialists.
- Prescribe medications.
- Order diagnostic tests.
- Diagnose and treat chronic conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, etc.
- Diagnose and treat acute conditions such as bladder infections, ear infections, colds, childhood illnesses, etc.
- Perform physical exams including pap tests.
- Treat injuries.
- Suture cuts.
Where do they work?
- Community Clinics.
- Primary Health Centers.
- Nursing Homes.
- Emergency Rooms.
What are the benefits of having a Nurse Practitioner in your community?
- Nurse Practitioners provide a unique blend of healing and prevention.
- Nurse Practitioners include you as a member of the team and work with you to achieve your health goals.
- Nurse Practitioners work with your community to develop strategies for improving health in the community such as literacy programs, exercise promotion, safety educations, etc.
- Nurse practitioners help communities assess their own needs and help find solutions to challenges.
- Nurse Practitioners work with other sectors in the community such as education, business, seniors, churches, etc.
- Nurse Practitioners provide holistic, cost effective, accessible care for individuals and communities.
Nurse Practitioners can be found at Primary Health Care Clinics in Sun Country Health Region. Go to http://www.suncountry.sk.ca/service/100/88/primary-health-care.html
Names and locations are also available at http://www.suncountry.sk.ca/service/211/88/doctor-and-nurse-practitioner-directory.html