Pack Your Own Food!
Processed and packaged foods are often expensive and less healthy. Pack your own fruit, veggies and dip, or pieces of cheese in reusable containers. It will save you money and encourage a healthy lifestyle!
Tel: (306) 842-8399
For General Inquiries:
ProgramsReturn to directory
WHMIS Training for Staff (introductory)
Sun Country Health Region's WHMIS Training Booklet for staff is attached at the bottom of this page.
For Individuals attending the SCHR Regional Orientation:
This is an open book or self-directed learning approach for this introduction to WHMIS. This is not meant to be a “memory” test. WHMIS is meant to be hands on and to provide you with the skills to be able to interpret and understand the WHMIS system and the information it provides you about certain chemicals you may be working with in the SCHR
Depending on your position, completion of this introduction to WHMIS may be all that is required. Additional or departmental specific WHMIS training will be provided to you if your position requires it.
Read all points below before proceeding:
- You will not be able to answer Q4 in Chapter four. When you reach this question –stop. Q4 will be completed during the Regional Orientation Program.
- It is our expectation the answer sheet be fully completed, signed, dated and presented right after a brief session on the remaining content in Chapter 4 during day two –Workplace Health and Safety Section -of the Regional Orientation Program.
- It is suggested you review each chapter first in the Pocket Guide and then proceed again through each chapter, documenting your answers on the answer sheet as you go. Continue the process up to the point in Chapter 4 as described above.
- You may have been provided with the answer sheet already, however, if you do not have a copy, click to open the attachment labeled WHMIS Answer Sheet and print to your local printer.
- Do not sign or date the answer sheet at this time.
- It is NOT necessary to print off the WHMIS booklet. It has 42 pages. You can simply open the WHMIS Booklet attachment below and scroll through the pages on your computer or smart phone as required to assist you in answering the questions.