Comprehensive School Community Health incorporates health into all aspects of school and learning.
Tel: (306) 842-8399
For General Inquiries:
ProgramsReturn to directory
Education for the Public
Sun Country Health Region Public Health offers regular public education courses to the public.
- FoodSafe is an 8 hour class intended for people who regularly serve food to the public. On successful completion of the exam, participants will receive the FoodSafe Certificate which is recognized across Canada and in many places around the world. Contact your Public Health Inspector for more information.
- Swimming Pool Operators Course is an 8 hour class offered once per year (usually May) to operators & employees of public swimming pools and hot tubs. Contact your Public Health Inspector for more information.
- Pre-natal classes are offered on a regular basis, Contact your Public Health Nurse for more information.
- Food Safety For Volunteers is a 2.5 hour presentation intended for people who serve food at community functions (Pot Luck Suppers, Concessions at the Fair, Fundraisers, etc). Any community organization wishing to host a free presentation may do so by contacting your Public Health Inspector.
- Live Well with Chronic Conditions: Do you have a chronic health condition? Are you looking for ways to cope with these conditions? Then the program called Live WellTM with Chronic Conditions may be for you!
This program provides practical suggestions and support which builds confidence in coping with the everyday challenges of a chronic condition. The class is facilitated by two trained leaders from the community to groups of 10-12 people once a week for 2.5 hours for 6 consecutive weeks. http://www.suncountry.sk.ca/service/125/88/live-welltm-with-chronic-conditions.html
- Diabetes Program: Sun Country Health Region provides diabetes services for patients and their families to support them in managing diabetes. http://www.suncountry.sk.ca/service/57/88/diabetes-program.html